Festive dessert for busy singles

We are currently in the "holiday season". It is a season I like a lot. The romanticism of Christmas trees, snow, German Christmas carols, Glühwein, Lebkuchen, Christstollen, panettone, lupini, gingerbread ... I love it all, even the dopey stories.
Four cakes: cranberry, matcha, turmeric and chocolate

Kinako cake
However, reality is also that a lot of these things are difficult or time-consuming propositions for someone who lives alone. They also tend to contain lots of calories.

There are nevertheless ways to create something that is not a lot of work, reasonably festive looking and enjoyable, while still not extremely detrimental. That is why I experimented a bit with cakes.

The recipes can be found in other posts, but I thought these pictures nicely show what just a few minutes of work can accomplish, without requiring days of shopping and weeks of clean-up. It's just a thought.

I actually wanted to put all five together, but my plate isn't big enough, and the counter space in my kitchen is too small, so I decided to put the kinako cake apart.

The kinako cake recipe was also the recipe that I used as a basis for the others. I did not use kinako in the others, but that works just as well and is even better taste-wise. However, the colours are a bit more vibrant when using soy milk powder instead.

Comments